More and more people are discovering HypnoBirthing and reaping the benefits it can provide. Research has shown that HypnoBirthing can help to:
– Create a calm, easier peaceful birth experience
– Shorten the length of labour
– Eliminate or reduce the need for conventional pain relief methods
– Reduce the likelihood of surgical birth
– Alleviate fatigue during labour, leaving you more energy for the actual birth
– Provide a supportive role for your birthing partner
– Promote bonding of mother, baby and birthing partner
– Encourage a more rapid postnatal recovery
The NHS are increasingly taking an interest as they are seeing the evidence first hand with HypnoBirthing mums in their care.
In a study at Colchester Hospital (August 2011 – August 2012) it was shown that 64% of mums using HypnoBirthing required NO pain relief during their labour (only 8% required an epidural). The study also showed that 76% of HypnoBirthing mums experienced a natural birth and 60% experienced labour that lasted 6 hours or less.
It is a growing phenomenon that is helping more and more women have better births. And this is very much at the heart of the courses I teach – ensuring you have confidence in your ability to birth and feel better informed and empowered so that you are better able to liaise with your care providers and feel more in control of your birth experience on the day.