What is HypnoBirthing™?
How Can HypnoBirthing™ Help You?
More and more people are discovering HypnoBirthing and reaping the benefits it can provide. Research has shown that HypnoBirthing may help to:
• Create a calm, easier peaceful birth experience
• Shorten the length of labour
• Eliminate or reduce the need for conventional pain relief methods
• Reduce the likelihood of surgical birth
• Alleviate fatigue during labour, leaving you more energy for the actual birth
• Provide a supportive role for your birthing partner
• Promote bonding of mother, baby and birthing partner
• Encourage a more rapid postnatal recovery
The NHS are increasingly taking an interest as they are seeing the evidence first hand with HypnoBirthing mums in their care.
In a recent study at Colchester Hospital (August 2011 – August 2012) it was shown that 64% of mums using HypnoBirthing required NO pain relief during their labour (only 8% required an epidural). The study also showed that 76% of HypnoBirthing mums experienced a natural birth and 60% experienced labour that lasted 6 hours or less.
It is a growing phenomenon that is helping more and more women have better births and as a result the NHS is currently undergoing a comprehensive study of the results of using HypnoBirthing™ for over 800 women – the biggest study of its kind in the UK to date. Once the study is completed, you will be able to read the results on the About HypnoBirthing pages.